Chatabout Children™ Book Boutique + is the place to find carefully selected books (plus more!), suitable for;
- Parents/ Carers
- Professionals who work with children
These books, plus selected products have been especially recommended, drawing from Sonia Bestulic’s expertise as a Senior Speech & Language Pathologist; Multi Award nominated Author, Parent/ Professional coach and educator… and a mother of three!
Together with Sonia’s recommendation; many of the books (and other products) have been tried and tested by children and adults within the home and/ or educational contexts and by Sonia’s Speech Pathology team in her clinics, in Sydney, Australia.
Many resources have also been inspired by Sonia’s interviews on the Chatabout Children™ with Sonia Bestulic podcast.
Books for Children
Helping kids handle friendship drama, academic pressure and the self-doubt of growing up
Author: Michelle Mitchell
Published 5th April 2019
– Practical resilience building activities
– Understanding how to maximise resilience teaching opportunities
– Helping kids strengthen their self-awareness, confidence and relationships
Understanding how food affects your child and what you can do about it
Author: Sue Dengate
Published February 2008
– Understanding the link between food intolerances and learning, behaviour and health
– Learning about the ground-breaking research when it comes to chemicals in food
– Parents/ Carers to make a more informed decision on foods selected for children
Book sharing as part of a child’s daily routine, and in an interactive way, has enormous benefits, including;
Building attention and listening skills
Strengthening a child’s vocabulary
Increasing understanding of language
Creating an opportunity for a child to use language in various ways
Reinforcing problem solving skills
Facilitating empathy development
Importantly; interactive book sharing strengthens relationship bonds and allows an opportunity for valuable human connection.
We are advocates for early intervention; and a holistic approach. We recognise the great importance of communication as a life skill; and also respect and work to strengthen the link between spoken language and learning to read, spell and write.
Contact publishers BIG SKY PUBLISHING – firstname.lastname@example.org